Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Bottle Cap Magnets


For the past few years my husband and I have been collecting bottle caps. We've had all kinds of plans for them, lots of different craft ideas, but for the most part they just sat their in a kitchen drawer. I finally pulled them out and decided to use them after seeing really cute mini shrines on the Crafty Chica's blog . I searched for the same cute little people figurines but couldn't find them anywhere. I decided to make my own. The plan was to sculpt them using air dry clay, but when I went to Michael's to buy the clay I found some really cute tiny gingerbread man shaped clay cutters. I made a couple dozen mini couples, painted the bottle caps, and assembled these tiny magnet shrines. I found these little poetry magnets in the dollar bin at target, they were really fun to put sayings together. Now what to do with them? Well I'll be sending them home with everyone who joins us Thursday for our Love Shrine workshop. If there are any left they may go home with some lucky Facebook friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment